Psyberlite (Pty) Ltd and its affiliates (collectively known as “Psyberlite”) respect and acknowledge the importance of protecting your personal information.
This Privacy Notice sets out how Psyberlite will process your personal information in the ordinary course of conducting the business of Psyberlite and in addition applies to Psyberlite’s website. This Notice is designed to inform you about the processing of your personal information and your rights regarding this processing according to the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 (“POPI”) and other data protection laws including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) where applicable.
- What personal information we collect
When you interact with us, we may collect personal information from you. You can choose not to provide personal information when requested. However, without your requested personal information, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide you with the products or services offered by Psyberlite or allow you full access to our websites.
We will only collect the minimum personal information that we deem necessary to process for ordinary business purposes. Personal information we collect from you may include:
- your first and last or company name, email address, phone number and other contact information
- log-in and account information for authentication purposes and account access
- your marketing preferences
- demographic data such as your gender, age, country and preferred language
- data about how you and your PC or device interact with Psyberlite, including web pages you visit when you use our websites and device, connectivity and configuration data.
It is not standard practice for us to collect sensitive personal information about you, such as information relating to your health, religion, political beliefs, race or sexual orientation, except with your express consent or unless we are required to do so by law.
If we link other data with your personal information as provided to us, we will treat that linked data as personal information.
- How we collect personal information
We may collect your personal information in a variety of ways when you interact with us, including when:
- you engage us to provide our products and services
- you create an account with us
- we respond to your inquiries and requests
- as a result of communications between you and our representatives
- we obtain feedback from you about our products and services
- we conduct our administrative and business functions
- you register for any of our events, workshops and seminars
- you subscribe to our mailing lists and newsletters
- we market our solutions and services to you
- you access and use our websites
- you apply for employment with us.
We may also collect your personal information from third party sources and third parties including public databases, business partners with whom we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, and third parties that provide list enhancement or similar services, to the extent that this is permitted by applicable law.
- Purposes for which we collect and use personal information
We collect and use personal information to:
- send communications to you
- establish, manage, and maintain our business relationships
- respond to inquiries and requests
- develop, provide, and improve our services and products
- inform you about our services and solutions
- obtain feedback from you on our services and solutions
- provide you with a more personalised experience when you interact with us
- conduct administrative and business functions
- update our records and keep contact details up to date
- enable you effectively to use and to improve our websites
- compile website usage statistics
- enable you to subscribe to newsletters and mailing lists
- enable you to register for Psyberlite events, workshops and seminars
- recruit staff
- assess the performance of our websites and to improve their operation
- process and respond to privacy questions, concerns and complaints
- fulfill legal and contractual obligations.
- Sharing your personal information
We may share your personal information for the purposes above with:
- our affiliates and subsidiaries who are similarly bound by this Privacy Notice
- business partners, vendors, or contractors to provide requested services or facilitate transactions, including but not limited to processing of orders, assisting with sales-related activities or post-sales support, and providing customer support. It is important to note that any third parties with whom we share personal information are contractually required to implement appropriate data protection and security measures and are not permitted to process personal information for any purpose other than the purpose for which they are given access
- in connection with, any joint venture, merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or to another company
- in response to a request for information by a competent authority in accordance with, or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process
- where necessary to comply with judicial proceedings, court orders or government orders
- to protect the rights, property or safety of Psyberlite, its business partners, you, or others, or as otherwise required by applicable law
- where you consent to the sharing of your personal information outside the parameters of this Notice.
- Transfers across borders
It may be necessary for us to process your personal information in other countries, either to carry out your instructions or for ordinary business purposes. We ensure that these service providers process personal information in accordance with POPI or the GDPR guidelines or other legislation that guarantees an adequate data protection level. Transfers of personal information to other recipients is not performed without your consent, except where we are obliged to do so by law. For more information about appropriate safeguards for the international data transfer or a copy of them, please contact our Information Officer.
- Security of your personal information
Psyberlite is committed to protecting your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by using a combination of physical, administrative and technical safeguards and contractually requiring that third parties to whom we disclose your personal information do the same.
Whilst Psyberlite makes every effort to secure its websites, you should note that the internet is not completely secure; thus when you submit or post personal information online, you should be aware that Psyberlite cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you submit or post online.
- Direct marketing
You can choose whether you wish to receive marketing communications from Psyberlite by email, SMS, social media platforms and phone.
Even when you have agreed to this, you may opt out of receiving future marketing materials from us at any time and manage your communication preferences by:
- following the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing email or SMS text message from us, or
- sending an email to [email protected]
including your details and a description of the marketing material you no longer wish to receive from us.
We will comply with your request as soon as is reasonably practicable. If you opt out of receiving marketing related communications from us, we may still send you administrative messages as part of your ongoing use of our websites, solutions or services.
We do not provide your personal information to unaffiliated third parties for direct marketing purposes or sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any third party.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
- enabling you to sign in
- authenticating you
- keeping track of information, you have provided to us
- improving your browsing experience
- customising our interactions with you
- storing and managing your preferences and settings
- compiling statistical data
- analysing the performance and usability of our websites
- measuring website traffic patterns
- determining which areas of our websites have been visited.
These technologies collect information that your browser sends to our websites including your browser type, information about your IP address (a unique identifier assigned to your computer or device which allows your PC or device to communicate over the Internet), together with the date, time and duration of your visit, the pages you view and the links you click.
Our sites may also contain web beacons or similar technologies from third party analytics providers, through which they collect information about your online activities across our websites to help us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of marketing campaigns or other business operations.
You can stop your browser from accepting cookies by changing the settings on your web browser. Be aware that restricting cookies may impact the functionality of our websites. We recommend that you allow cookies. On most browsers cookies are enabled by default. You can adjust the settings and options on your browser to disable or enable them or visit https://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed information about managing cookies on various browsers.
- Social media
We operate and communicate through our designated channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, help and engage with our users. We monitor and record comments and posts made about us on these channels so that we can improve our services.
The general public can access and read any information posted on these sites. We are not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than the information posted by our designated officials. We do not endorse the social media sites themselves, or any information posted on them by third parties or other users.
When you engage with us through social media, your personal information may be processed by the site owner; this processing occurs outside of our control and may take place in a country outside South Africa that may have different privacy regulations.
We regularly update and monitor our social media accounts and welcome feedback and ideas sent to us through these channels. We try to join conversations whenever possible but cannot guarantee that we will read or reply to all messages sent to official Psyberlite social media accounts.
Consistent feedback and helpful suggestions will be given to the relevant people within the company for consideration, but we cannot guarantee that any feedback or suggestions will be acted upon by Psyberlite.
- Links to third-party websites and applications
Our websites may contain links to sites and applications operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third-party site or application and we are not responsible for any third-party content or privacy statements. Your use of such sites and applications is subject to the relevant third-party privacy statements.
- Retaining your personal information
We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, or to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, or enforce agreements. Depending on the purpose, retention periods will vary. The criteria we use to determine retention periods include whether:
Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
When you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the webste, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
Psyberlite follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Psyberlite uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
For more general information on cookies, please read “What Are Cookies” from Cookie Consent.
Google DoubleClick DART Cookie
Our Advertising Partners
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Note that Psyberlite has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third-Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
Request that a business deletes any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Psyberlite does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.